You are made for greatness! That's what my parents instilled in me as a kid and everytime my spirits take a toll, I just close my eyes and these words reverberate in my mind, soul and I am back with a bang!!
Today my dear friend Ruch, I will tell you the same....Ruch, you are made for greatness!
In the marathon of everyday life, there will be numerous time that you will need this...I am sure you have your own mechanism to get over things and come back your spirited self....one more to the list of tricks....
I was always in awe and wonderment at the things you could do and more importantly the attitude with which you would do. When I close my eyes, and think about you, I see these images,
You with a drawing folder on your Sunny arriving at the SID plaza.........you in a saree!
You will a boycut hair and thin frame that wind could blow you away and a jute rucksack on shoulder and our usual dupatta turban!
You with you thin long fingers holding staedler pencil colours and rendering the trees and fast sketches on tracing paper for Kireet Sir's daily presentation...! Those sketches were awesome!!
You with your tiffin and talk during lunch....I didnt need food....your talk was mesmerizing...!
You and me at canteen....chit chat....poha-channa and then walking back to studio discussing a block in design..
You singing your heart out for the festival along with Rupali, Ayub, Tejal and enjoying singing so much that you used to be in totally new world of yours and seeing that was more pleasure than the song itself...
You in the bamboo workshop...
You on the CG Road mithai shop doing watercolours....
You cooking at your home and me standing next to the platform seeing you churn magic!
You in your room with pictures and photos and talking about your brother Digi and Keyadidi, so animated.....left me wanting to hear more of your story....
You listening to Gulzar and RD Burman and singing Aye Zindagi...gale laga le....in our 2nd year Studio upstairs........
You making the weave in the weaving studio.....
You making those models and carrying them in Auto and the juries....and listening to Hazra and his voice...
You doing those wonderful ink sketches in Jaisalmer...
You jumping around on Plaza when we finished with Jury...
You promoting the movie 'Top Gun' and we seeing it at your house....
You and your SLR camera and eager to taking tips from Jaladhi..........
and the best of all.....you and me seeing Guddu and surviving it!!
The very thought of you makes me laugh, feel cared about, loved, feel the awe and respect for the person you are and what you stand for!! You are made for greatness, Ruch!!
Lots of love....more coming your way to catchup with your posts!!
Mon
Today my dear friend Ruch, I will tell you the same....Ruch, you are made for greatness!
In the marathon of everyday life, there will be numerous time that you will need this...I am sure you have your own mechanism to get over things and come back your spirited self....one more to the list of tricks....
I was always in awe and wonderment at the things you could do and more importantly the attitude with which you would do. When I close my eyes, and think about you, I see these images,
You with a drawing folder on your Sunny arriving at the SID plaza.........you in a saree!
You will a boycut hair and thin frame that wind could blow you away and a jute rucksack on shoulder and our usual dupatta turban!
You with you thin long fingers holding staedler pencil colours and rendering the trees and fast sketches on tracing paper for Kireet Sir's daily presentation...! Those sketches were awesome!!
You with your tiffin and talk during lunch....I didnt need food....your talk was mesmerizing...!
You and me at canteen....chit chat....poha-channa and then walking back to studio discussing a block in design..
You singing your heart out for the festival along with Rupali, Ayub, Tejal and enjoying singing so much that you used to be in totally new world of yours and seeing that was more pleasure than the song itself...
You in the bamboo workshop...
You on the CG Road mithai shop doing watercolours....
You cooking at your home and me standing next to the platform seeing you churn magic!
You in your room with pictures and photos and talking about your brother Digi and Keyadidi, so animated.....left me wanting to hear more of your story....
You listening to Gulzar and RD Burman and singing Aye Zindagi...gale laga le....in our 2nd year Studio upstairs........
You making the weave in the weaving studio.....
You making those models and carrying them in Auto and the juries....and listening to Hazra and his voice...
You doing those wonderful ink sketches in Jaisalmer...
You jumping around on Plaza when we finished with Jury...
You promoting the movie 'Top Gun' and we seeing it at your house....
You and your SLR camera and eager to taking tips from Jaladhi..........
and the best of all.....you and me seeing Guddu and surviving it!!
The very thought of you makes me laugh, feel cared about, loved, feel the awe and respect for the person you are and what you stand for!! You are made for greatness, Ruch!!
Lots of love....more coming your way to catchup with your posts!!
Mon

My Dearest Mon,
ReplyDeleteHow can I say it in such few words... this really warrants a blog-post of its own to respond, so I'll write-in tonight...
But, I can only say I'm so very touched and moved close to tears...HOW do you ALWAYS know I NEED a 'virtual' hug, a friend, a person to believe in me...
thankyou..for being YOU!!