I have been working on something I have been passionate about for
over few good years now. I am writing this to cover my journey so far and I have to
say it has been a brilliant ride.
What makes it brilliant ? It flips around all the things people
may hate work for. At the end of day's work it's something which makes home
welcoming and sleep earned. It has given me a cause to fight for and a chance
to rewrite rules which I don't quite agree. It fills a void and gives a
direction to the quest for meaning in life. There is a sense of creation in a
every small module you build.
Does all that sound pompous ? May be, those are the words I have
heard people describe their feeling of starting up. I don't
disagree with any of them.
Simply put - It makes me happy .
This doesn't mean things have gone according to the plan. Quite
the contrary, chaos always rules the roost. There have been many surprises and
few unpleasant ones. There have been bad days where I screwed up and I have
felt as worse very few times. Long nights and short weekends. Lesser my-time.
It's a lonely path and draining at times. So is it worth it ?
More than worth it. We all just need few moments to live our life
and this provides more than few of those moments. How you earn those
moments is a different question all together.
Few other things I learned on the way:
- When you really care for something, you think about it 24*7*365
. Even when you are concentrating for 10 seconds gap to cross over to the other
side of MG road
- Pain and Pleasure go together ;)
- You never do a Job, you work
- You can't replace work with people. People are still
very important.
- People respect you by what you do and how you do and with what attitude you do
- Serendipity does exist
- If you startup and make money then you are rich, if you don't
you are a rock star :P
- There is no shortcut to hardwork.
- People follow people who follow people who follow people. Everyone looks for mentor in various fields in life. It makes them secure and they walk the already treaded mine field step on step.
- Consistent and Persistent work always pays.
- Goal is the sum of dream and date to achieve it.
- There is indeed magic in thinking BIG.
- When everyone laughs at your dream, you are going in right direction!
- Best of all: Dreams Do Come True! Do not give up!!
I suggest you don't trust any of it and go discover for yourself.
Do leave a trackback when you cover your findings, Ruch!
Happy discovering!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Pls share your thoughts through comments here...!