I like to start my post as if we are continuing our conversation.
Recently I have been developing a lot of plants and specially flora in my garden and learning a trick or two from a few friendly neighbors who have prosperous garden.
Somehow I feel if we have a welcoming, warm, pleasant, likable home, many goodness can flourish and grow Having the luxury of a garden seems to create an atmosphere of prosperity, happiness, harmony, blessings and peace. Observing closely from my each flower, plant and leaves, I see that nature rejuvenates so quickly, so completely with every season and challenge. Though we often view ourselves otherwise, we are nature. We need the same as those plants.
I trim the plants as a friend calls it pinching. So old goes and gives way to new. This I implement in my life too. I had never been to a parlor for pedicure/manicure. I just didn't think I need it or should spend money on it. This week, I dropped Raina to school and went to the best parlor for a hair color, pedicure and manicure. Believe me, it works magic on our fatigued body and mind. Try it and tell me how you felt. Get a trim done, massage, spa, pamper yourself even if it for the first time. Just do it girl!
As season changes, so does the leaves and flowers and the fruits change. Change is often rejuvenating, invigoration, fun... and necessary. I sometimes, steal Harit away from his routine and we have a quick lunch in some place, go shopping (even if it for grocery) and eat panipuri in the shadiest joint and laugh. He is surprised that this change brought in freshness in his day and week too. He would look forward to it again. We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden. Discipline and routine is good but breaking the rules and bringing a day of change is even better when we had discipline for a long time. I eat food which is not always healthy to bring in that change. I totally beleive that there is nothing which a few panipuri and chocolate bar/icecream cannot solve. I am totally a new person once these magic enter my tummy!
Harit and myself laugh and have fun like two kids. Sometimes Raina stops what she is doing and wonders what happened to us as we laugh uncontrollably. Our friendship had grown into childhood friendship now from college friendship. We are going reverse way here! The only time I cry with Harit is when we are laughing too hard. So get on your giggles and stupid fun like putting ice into his shirt, cracking jokes, and rhyming pun words, finding our kind of humor, watching 'Johnny English' and Herapheri or Golmal. We have found our funny bones and we keep tickling each other with words and otherwise!
Friends are like quilts, they never loose their warmth. So I have learnt this skill to strike up conversation with strangers anywhere (only ladies and Harit with guys) and then exchanging number, calling a few time and then meeting for food, fun, movie and developing new friends. I read a book, 'How to win friends and influence people'. This is a beautiful book which opened me to being friends with new people in my life. I invested in people and today I am rich with friends!
Happiness is like butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come softly and sit on your shoulder. I try serving others and in turn happiness follows me. I always ask everyone in my house, 'how can I help you' and apart from the list, I do get a nice smile, hug and satisfaction for my heart. I focus on others and stop thinking about myself. It is a change too for me!!
Without the rain there would be no rainbow! I look at most of the things optimistically and breathe in the moments when it gets too much. I just stop and think of my day/challenge/situation and then think, 'Is it big/small enough to worry? Would I be thinking of it 1 year down the line? What if the neighbours problem become mine, like money challenge/job challenge/health challenge? Would I take that problem or figure out mine which now in that context seems small. If it is big, will worry make it small? Worrying about it does not help. Take action! Solution oriented thought process really helps to keep the plate nearly empty!
When you finally let go of past something better comes along. Letting go is a skill developed over period of hyper sensitive times. When I started letting go, better things came my way. Worrying is no more on my list. I just let go. Fighting in a relationship is no more on my plate. I just let go. I would like to have a good to great relationship with someone rather than proving myself correct/right all the time. So I let go even if it means I lose the battle. It is no more important to win in a conversation.
I started doing that with Raina too. First it was tough to make her eat and by the time she has had food, I am mentally upset about many things she does while eating. So now I have made her the incharge and she decides when she is hungry and then it is so easy to make her eat anything. She decides when to stop eating. I dont force a meal down to finish it.
No one looks back on their life and remembers the night they got plenty of sleep. So I sleep when I cant keep my eyes open, and wake up the moment my sleep is over. Sometimes it is early and sometime late. I spend lot of time reading, seeing Nigella cook, being in my garden, organising things(though it might not require that attention). The very act puts me in healthy state of mind of accomplishment. So if I am not sleepy, I do not sleep. It is ok to stay awake sometime. It is ok to feel sleepy in the day/night whatever time you sleep and vice versa. Relax those boundaries little bit.
Just this week, we re-planted the plants in new soil and cow dung mix manure to rejuvenate them. Same I did for myself from within by reading some great positive mental attitude books. One of my favorite is 'The new dynamics of winning- Denis Waitley'. A must read for you. It shares stories of various athletes preparing for Olympics. More on books in some other conversation later...But do get this book and read. You will laugh and cry and smile and get stronger from inside as if your soil[soul] is recharged with good soil and compost!
When it comes to plants, they need a break from harsh sun and I do that by watering them with sprinkler. They suddenly come to life and I can see them sway and dance in the cool breeze filtered through the spray of water. This is required everyday. So a good book reading/listening to music a day keeps faith in goodness of life intact everyday.
I trim the plants as a friend calls it pinching. So old goes and gives way to new. This I implement in my life too. I had never been to a parlor for pedicure/manicure. I just didn't think I need it or should spend money on it. This week, I dropped Raina to school and went to the best parlor for a hair color, pedicure and manicure. Believe me, it works magic on our fatigued body and mind. Try it and tell me how you felt. Get a trim done, massage, spa, pamper yourself even if it for the first time. Just do it girl!
As season changes, so does the leaves and flowers and the fruits change. Change is often rejuvenating, invigoration, fun... and necessary. I sometimes, steal Harit away from his routine and we have a quick lunch in some place, go shopping (even if it for grocery) and eat panipuri in the shadiest joint and laugh. He is surprised that this change brought in freshness in his day and week too. He would look forward to it again. We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden. Discipline and routine is good but breaking the rules and bringing a day of change is even better when we had discipline for a long time. I eat food which is not always healthy to bring in that change. I totally beleive that there is nothing which a few panipuri and chocolate bar/icecream cannot solve. I am totally a new person once these magic enter my tummy!
Same for Harit. He is no panipuri guy. But he takes me there for helping me. He loves to indulge in bakery items, tea any time( i call it tea infinity mania) and ice creams and tandoori items. I take him there and he is like akid with whole chocolate bar! Wahoooo!!
Harit and myself laugh and have fun like two kids. Sometimes Raina stops what she is doing and wonders what happened to us as we laugh uncontrollably. Our friendship had grown into childhood friendship now from college friendship. We are going reverse way here! The only time I cry with Harit is when we are laughing too hard. So get on your giggles and stupid fun like putting ice into his shirt, cracking jokes, and rhyming pun words, finding our kind of humor, watching 'Johnny English' and Herapheri or Golmal. We have found our funny bones and we keep tickling each other with words and otherwise!
Friends are like quilts, they never loose their warmth. So I have learnt this skill to strike up conversation with strangers anywhere (only ladies and Harit with guys) and then exchanging number, calling a few time and then meeting for food, fun, movie and developing new friends. I read a book, 'How to win friends and influence people'. This is a beautiful book which opened me to being friends with new people in my life. I invested in people and today I am rich with friends!
Sometimes one never knows the true value of the moment until it becomes memory. When I see photos my every weekend spend with friends cooking and talking and chit chatting, I realize that they indeed have shaped my happiness to a large extent. Physically I might get tired hosting but mentally I am new person on Monday!
Happiness is like butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come softly and sit on your shoulder. I try serving others and in turn happiness follows me. I always ask everyone in my house, 'how can I help you' and apart from the list, I do get a nice smile, hug and satisfaction for my heart. I focus on others and stop thinking about myself. It is a change too for me!!
Without the rain there would be no rainbow! I look at most of the things optimistically and breathe in the moments when it gets too much. I just stop and think of my day/challenge/situation and then think, 'Is it big/small enough to worry? Would I be thinking of it 1 year down the line? What if the neighbours problem become mine, like money challenge/job challenge/health challenge? Would I take that problem or figure out mine which now in that context seems small. If it is big, will worry make it small? Worrying about it does not help. Take action! Solution oriented thought process really helps to keep the plate nearly empty!
When you finally let go of past something better comes along. Letting go is a skill developed over period of hyper sensitive times. When I started letting go, better things came my way. Worrying is no more on my list. I just let go. Fighting in a relationship is no more on my plate. I just let go. I would like to have a good to great relationship with someone rather than proving myself correct/right all the time. So I let go even if it means I lose the battle. It is no more important to win in a conversation.
I started doing that with Raina too. First it was tough to make her eat and by the time she has had food, I am mentally upset about many things she does while eating. So now I have made her the incharge and she decides when she is hungry and then it is so easy to make her eat anything. She decides when to stop eating. I dont force a meal down to finish it.
That way she developed a sense of self respect, judgement and decisiveness. Make others incharge for themselves and sometimes you! Our shoulders will get rest!
No one looks back on their life and remembers the night they got plenty of sleep. So I sleep when I cant keep my eyes open, and wake up the moment my sleep is over. Sometimes it is early and sometime late. I spend lot of time reading, seeing Nigella cook, being in my garden, organising things(though it might not require that attention). The very act puts me in healthy state of mind of accomplishment. So if I am not sleepy, I do not sleep. It is ok to stay awake sometime. It is ok to feel sleepy in the day/night whatever time you sleep and vice versa. Relax those boundaries little bit.
The book to read is not the one that thinks for you, but the one which make you think. I am always on look out to improve myself as I realised the hard way that I cannot change anybody but I can change only myself. The change in me makes me feel good about myself. So I read books which helps me identify what I need to do. Which makes me think. John C Maxwell's books are few of them which are wonderful. The Magic of Thinking Big is a all time favourite. Start with that. Think as you read.
Lighthouses not go running all over the island looking for boats to save. They just stand there shining. So we as we grow stronger with each new technique and make people wonder who are these strong women, we stand as rock for our family. We show by example. We change and we give space. In the storm, we dance like there is no tomorrow. We like a child. We take it easy on us. We lighten the burden by sharing and making others responsible. Life is to live and not to worry. If life was easy, where would all the adventure be?
Twenty thirty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didnt do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour, Catch the tradewinds in your sail...Explore Dream Discover!! Every year we put our dreams on the refrigerator to work and achieve it. I will share more on it in next conversation.
Life is full of choices. Life is like a roller coaster ride, It goes up and down, but it your choice to crib or scream & enjoy your ride!! Happiness is a choice. We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become, each day! I have chosen to be happy, satiated, at peace every day no matter what!
Lighthouses not go running all over the island looking for boats to save. They just stand there shining. So we as we grow stronger with each new technique and make people wonder who are these strong women, we stand as rock for our family. We show by example. We change and we give space. In the storm, we dance like there is no tomorrow. We like a child. We take it easy on us. We lighten the burden by sharing and making others responsible. Life is to live and not to worry. If life was easy, where would all the adventure be?
Twenty thirty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didnt do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour, Catch the tradewinds in your sail...Explore Dream Discover!! Every year we put our dreams on the refrigerator to work and achieve it. I will share more on it in next conversation.
Life is full of choices. Life is like a roller coaster ride, It goes up and down, but it your choice to crib or scream & enjoy your ride!! Happiness is a choice. We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become, each day! I have chosen to be happy, satiated, at peace every day no matter what!
So can you Ruch! You are unrepeatable!! There is magic about you that is all your own!! It will all be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end....Do something different and write about it.....am waiting!!
Love you,
Mon








No comments:
Post a Comment
Pls share your thoughts through comments here...!