I used to think I will be more happy when I am 10 kgs lighter, when Raina grows up and I have more time on hand to do work which I want to do, when I have some more money, when loans are paid off and I can retire from job, when my business takes off...and so many parameters that I forgot the most crucial thing. That happiness is not after thing, it is during thing...it is in process of accomplishing.
We convince
ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then
another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be
more content when they are.
After that, we're
frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when
they are out of that stage. We tell ourselves that our life will be complete
when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, are able
to go on a nice vacation, or when we retire.
The truth is,
there's no better time to be happy than right now. If not now, when?
Our life
will always be filled with challenges. I realized that it's best to admit this to our self and
decide to be happy anyway.
Happiness is the way. So, I started to treasure every moment that I have and treasure it more because I had shared it with someone special and remembered that time waits for no
one.
So bottomline is that we should stop waiting
--until our car or
home is paid off
--until we get a
new car or home
--until our kid/s
leave the house
--until ou go back
to school
--until I lose
ten kgs
--until I finish master/school
--until I get
married
--until I have
kids
--until I retire
--until summer
--until spring
--until winter
--until fall
--UNTIL I DIE!!!
There is no better
time than right now to be happy.
Happiness is a
journey, not a destination.
Also remember this quotes,
“For every minute
you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ~
Ralph Waldo Emerson
So - work like you
don't need money, Love like you've never been hurt, And dance like no one's
watching.
Hope for the best
and never forget that anything is possible as long as you remain dedicated to
the task.
Happiness is today! Make today matter! Ruch
Love
Mon
Dearest Mon,
ReplyDeleteThis is terrific! So, so simple, na!!? I am 'happy' that I 'am'. Thanking god for the gift of life; being able to see, touch, feel and speak, hear and run, sing and smile.... A lot of people, through no fault of their own, don't even have that chance... more on my post today.
Love your love of life!
You're truly an inspiration!
XXX