Dearest Ruch,
There are so many thoughts that you have written in your post, Just another day...that are awesome, makes me proud of you to have thought about it in that way and have courage to write and share. Here, I have written few of your thoughts and my stories which have left a mark in my mind....
Life is not without end... what is eternal is how you live it.
Recently I was passing by a hospital in remote area in Bangalore and saw a statue of Gandhiji. I was amazed that a person with no wealth, no weapon still had the power to influence a whole nation and even though he is no more, he is still there! It is the way he lived his life on principles which is eternal.
"I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet.." What it signifies to me is that, basically, joy and sorrow are the byproducts of our OWN mind.
I feel down when I am making an effort but not enough to reach a goal and the whole self pity thoughts enter my mind and why me? kind of series of questions thrown at God. That is when I realise the importance of the sentence, "Happiness is a choice". We make it every moment and everyday. Everyday I choose to be happy. I have to confess that all these are not clear thoughts every moment but as I write them to you, each thought gets re-instilled, clearer and I feel I have the answers with me. All I need to do is dig for the positive answer.
Life is to be lived with no regrets.
I learnt or unlearnt the layers hiding this value of life from Raina. When I am with her, I pray I learn something new or more of unlearn few fears, concepts, prejudice which came as I grew. She is happy, smiling no matter what. She never regrets she did something. She keeps things simple. I know life will be a prayer if we live the way she does.
On some occassions, the talk stops mid-way,....
I have realised the power of silence. It is way more than talking.
Normally i would be talking(more of blabbering, actually) through the day. One of the days, during my reading time in the night, I read a book, which mentioned the power of silence. This was more of the book on selling ideas/products. I thought of trying on few people I know. You say few things and leave few unsaid. That is when an interest develops. The curiosity approach works. The other person is curious to know the rest of the story/problem/or even offer solution!! Try it. Another great experience was with absolute silence. Normally I would react than respond and both of it would be words and talk and expression mixed with happiness/anger etc. Last year, we missed a goal we set for ourselves. In normal circumstances, I would be upset, angry and talk out my frustration of failing and blaming others(in this case Harit). But then I realised that it would not work. I just didnt react. Keep quiet. Not a word. Just kept doing my work as planned. Harit realised that he had to do something, got the work done and we reached our goal next time we tried in business. Silence is more powerful than we think.
Never cause yourself pain and internal suffering, from the words of others.
I think if we practise this, we would have no problems at all.
Over so many myriad experiences in life, I feel one should experience all emotions to appreciate the ones we like to have more often. So I feel, it is OK to feel sad sometimes, it is OK to fail, it is OK to feel elated and happy. We are here to experience the rain and leave. So if I would have just sweet happy experiences, I would not know the pain can make you stronger. I would not use my full potential of strength and skills which God instilled me if it is not tested here and there. A prayer by Swami Vivekanand, that I read sometime back:
I asked for strength,
And God gave me difficulties to make me strong;
And God gave me difficulties to make me strong;
I asked for wisdom,
And God gave me problems to learn to solve;
And God gave me problems to learn to solve;
I asked for prosperity,
And God gave me brain and brawn to work;
And God gave me brain and brawn to work;
I asked for courage,
And God gave me dangers to overcome;
And God gave me dangers to overcome;
I asked for love,
And God gave me people to help;
And God gave me people to help;
I asked for favors,
And God gave me opportunities.
And God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted – I received everything I needed.
My prayer has been answered!
My prayer has been answered!
I guess, there was time when I asked God for a partner to learn from and share, when I am happy and when I am not happy.
And God gave me you.
Your post and the pictures indeed bring light, lightness and smile! Ruch. Keep writing.
Love
Mon.
Dearest Mon,
ReplyDeleteI'm waiting for your posts! I guess the holidays must be keeping you busy! Have you met Vijay and Niyatee!!?? Their son, Arjun is about Raina's age! Catch up, if you like and tell me all about it! (They are also in your city!) Miss you, my friend! Take care and love to Raina.
Dearet Mon,
ReplyDeleteThis post is amazing- in its simplicity, in the images and thoughts it evokes, in its universal appeal!!! You have a gift, my dear friend! Love, love and more love for you and your splendid family!
Take care n be happy always! And yes, when you get time, I'll be waiting for your blog-posts..
Always and forever, you friend,
ruch