Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Music for my heart

As the week goes by blur, I am sitting and calming myself while going over list of things done/mostly not done, I am listening to songs that lift me!

Here are few from my playlist:

First one is the song, 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'.....[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqjaI0P4sI0 ] The song speaks of this magical place over the rainbow where things will be better. It refers to this other, better place compared to where we are now. If you feel down and out, and when things seem tough, this song will lift you up. Just remember that the better place isn’t “somewhere out there”, but here where we are. It’s up to us to make the best of what we have . The song was originally sung by Judy Garland in 1939 (Wizard of Oz) and has since been resung by many people...I like this version because of the video having the Wizard of Oz clip which is so apt..'...there is no place like home".

Second song I like is 'Chariot of fire'....Chariots is an instrumental theme often used as the theme song for sporting events. It was recorded in 1981 for the film Chariots of Fire. [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEF4zH6XHCk ] Listen to it and see if you don’t recognize it :D. The build up of the tunes throughout the song makes you feel invigorated just sitting and listening to it. This is a great pick me up.

No matter how bad your day may be, there is always something beautiful happening.This song [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V8nu6e8eFY ] reminds us that every day is a beautiful day by itself

Walking on the sunshine [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKh0dLIuIu8 ] This is quite possibly the happiest song ever! The upbeat tunes of the song brings a smile to anyone just by listening to it. Make sure to dance along as you listen to the song, Ruch!

One of the greatest hits of all time, this beautiful song[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQckLuSOwnM&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL35FDF39F154C0188 ] reminds us to appreciate the beauty of everyday life. Harit introduced me to this song recently and I love it. Everything in life is a miracle. Let’s appreciate and give gratitude to all these things we have with us today I am thinking of you Ruch listening to this....

Talking of Harit, CEPT is in my thoughts and Bon Jovi has to be part of it....dance parties....jams...[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKFwtgUJHs ]It’s all about personal empowerment, taking control of your life and being who you are because you only get to live once. As one of the lyrics say, “It’s my life… It’s now or never”. And in many ways this is so apt for my life! Whose life are you living right now? When are you ready to start living your life? You only have one life – you’re not going to live forever. It’s either you start living it now or you’ll never live it. Stop waiting for a “tomorrow” or “next time”. It’s now.

Our life is so happy because of each and every friend we have. i love this song[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtGF2m102Wg ] for the lyrics, singers and warm feeling it brings in my heart listening to it. This is an all-time classic that has been sung and resung by many different artists. I enjoy listening this version...It’s about the beauty of friendship and how we can always count on each other no matter what happens, good times or bad times. That’s after all, what friends are for :D. Very, very beautiful song. Isn't it Ruch?

You get what you give [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPAEFnVZVOs ] This song is about being true to yourself in a world where everyone tries to be someone he/she isn’t. Don’t you ever, ever give up on yourself or your dreams, because you have what it takes to achieve what you want.

Michael Jackson's Heal the world [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWf-eARnf6U&ob=av2e ] has here in my list. I love this song for..It reminds us of our responsibility to care for our world. Every day, there are people suffering and dying out there. Just because we’re not in contact with them doesn’t mean it’s not happening. It’s up to us to care for this world we live in. What can you do today to heal the world out there? It all starts with us. Your post 'simon Says' reminds me of what we need to do...I would like Raina to learn this song and sing...so I am going to ask him to play this in car as we listen to many songs together there going to school.


This one is Harit and Raina's song as they see and sing together....Climb [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2zyeVRcbs] I like it too and listen to it nearly everyday!

This is a beautiful song 'Music of my heart' [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WlEfnPSrc ] that expresses gratitude to the people who have always been there for us whenever we need them. These people are the ones who made us who and what we are today; who taught us the amazing things in the world and made us bigger than we thought we could. It’s because of them that we can be where we are today. Without them, there can’t be us today. I think of my parents, my school principal, my teachers, krishna ma'am, kireet sir, all my friends in CEPT, my IIT professors, my classmates and seniors, Harit, my friends here, my in laws, Raina....all of them shape me as I grow...i owe so much to all of them and so many a times when a doubt flickers, I rise above it to pay to them who build me up....including you, Ruch.

Enigma - the Return to innocence [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-EJV47-Ltw ]- the title itself my everyday endevour! An extremely strong and powerful song that invokes powerful emotions. This song reminds me to be myself. Don’t be afraid to show your emotions – whether it’s perceived as being weak, strong, emotional, unacceptable, etc. Denying them is just denying who you are. While others may see revealing your emotions as an act of vulnerability, it’s only by embracing your emotions that you move a step forward towards being who you truly are. I used to listen to this a lot during CEPT, specially travelling back home from Ahmedabad to Rajkot in bus journey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ok_3j0Ijd4 I get goosebumps whenever I listen to this song. This song has been an anthem while designed at IIT doing animation and we used to strive to do something as grand as this.This song represents to us the grandiosity of life and where we stand in it. We’re all part of the circle of life – birth, growth, death, rebirth. Death does not signify the end – it’s the start to something new, something greater and bigger than what we’ve seen. It’s a delicate, symbiotic relationship that makes life possible. Amazing concept, what you say?

I think I sing this song nearly everyday in my mind and my top favourite! When you believe [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAM2-hg7xJs&feature=related ] This is an amazing song about the power of hope and faith in this world. If there are ever any times when you’re losing hope, hang in there. The miracles you want to create in life comes from first believing in yourself (and others). They couldn’t have chosen better singers for this song too – Whitney and Mariah are undoubtedly two of the best singers ever. Surely brings in tears as I write this...!

This one 'Win' [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDEi5hJ76-A ] is of my personal favorites and I think of all the fighters in my life....dedicated to Harit from bottom of my heart everytime he steps out of house to build business. The song is about overcoming all obstacles and never giving up in life. As long as we keep pushing, keep persisting, we’ll definitely achieve whatever we set out to achieve.

You Gotta want it [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtDMEdn02dU ], is a powerful song that will charge you up in the few minutes you listen to it. If you want to get what you want, you have to want it from the bottom of your heart and give all that you can give. As long as you have the burning passion, nothing will be insurmountable. I love this for the passion it exuberates in the voice!


The song 'Hero' [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IA3ZvCkRkQ] is the present one running on CD in my car. Don’t be afraid of who you are. When you feel fearful and lost, look deep inside. The strength to do what you want, and the answers you seek for in life, have always been inside you all along. There’s always been a hero in your life all along. The hero isn’t anyone else – it’s you. So true for every person I know....You too!


Eye of the tiger[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSMxY6asoE] is a song we(Harit and myself) love to listen together.


Harit recently introduced me to Olympic themes and this one is from it. Reach [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMs83vY2d34] This song is about doing our very best for the dreams. Don’t be afraid to reach out and give your everything. It’s only when you put your heart and soul into your goals that you live your life to the fullest.


The last but not the least: mine and Harit's anthem for success: Rocky theme [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4] I think our heart just beats faster or even skips a beat when we hear this...more on this soon...!It’s a powerful one at that – listen and see if it doesn’t get you all drummed up :D.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls share your thoughts through comments here...!